Re: NUMLOCKX Debian KDE4

� wrote:
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 01:57:45 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

Camaleón wrote:

(...)

So maybe a KDE bug/problem? :-?

I read those bugs and their problem seems to be with KDE and numlock,
while my problem is with numlockx and the latest kernel, it may also
have to do with kde, not sure as it works as expected when I remove
numlockx, kde turns numlock on after login, numlockx turns numlock on
before login and that is what I want.

It is turning numlock on but the status light is off while numlock is on
and the light is on when numlock is off, so the status light is not
working as expected and this seems to have happened since installing the
latest kernel.

Dunno why are you thinking this is a kernel issue.

- Does the num lock works as expected on tty? - Does creating a new user and login in a KDE session works?

I say numlockx was working fine right before installing the current kernel and suggest that is a place to look, I now know that it is not a kde4 problem, I have installed kde3.5 and it has the same problem.

I say that numlock works as expected when numlockx is not installed.

I've reported it to Debian, they say it's not their package or they say nothing at all. I say it's an orphan package and should be fixed or pulled, I favor it being fixed because I use it and it will not look good in Squeeze final. Personally I'm used to the numlock light not being on as long as numlock is working.

And no, I'm not going to test it with a new user, I already know it's the same problem on all testing and Sid systems, even on new install, it can be reproduced.

Should be a workaround to just change the status of the light!?!

"numlockx" should not be needed anymore in KDE as kdm has an option to handle that from "kdmrc" config file :-?

If you know how to turn the numlock on for login without using numlockx 'please' tell? I already know I can turn it on after login without using numlockx.

Thank you,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian - Sid - KDE 4.4.5 at sda14