Re: NUMLOCKX Debian KDE4

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:40:50 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

> � wrote:

>> "numlockx" should not be needed anymore in KDE as kdm has an option to
>> handle that from "kdmrc" config file :-?
>

> If you know how to turn the numlock on for login without using numlockx
> 'please' tell?  I already know I can turn it on after login without
> using numlockx.

I'm afraid that application is not (should not be) needed nowadays.
So if numlock does not get activated on login screen, you can report that
for kdm package, taking that you are using kdm to handle user login.

Anyway, yo can perform a Google search to find tips on how to bypass that:

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&source=hp&q=kdmrc+NumLock%3DON&btnG=Google+Search&fp=7bb5c562e6b4c787

THT.

Greetings,

--