Re: A warning how not to upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze

In <[🔎] 201008261613.03510.bss@iguanasuicide.net>, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>Thanks for the report.  Mine is shorter:
>
>I used the heavily mixed system described above and tried (on a whim) the
>upgrade last night as well.  I simply issued (aptitude safe-upgrade -t
>testing), and it failed to produce *any* upgrade solution, so I'm thinking
>that aptitude/apt/dpkg might be getting some enhancements during the freeze
>in order to handle the upgrade.

After upgrading aptitude [stable -> testing] and downgrading dpkg [unstable ->
testing], (aptitude -s safe-upgrade -t testing) now proposes a solution that
would result in the majority of my system being upgraded.  [920 upgrades; 115
installs; 123 removals; 18 "kept back"]

I'll probably put off the upgrade a while longer, at least until kdepim-
runtime-4:4.4.5-1 makes it into testing.  Hopefully the Itanium build bug is
something that can be fixed quickly.