Re: Using Hauppauge WinTV device (need dvb-bt8xx)

 On 08/26/2010 03:52 PM, James Stuckey wrote:

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Kevin Ross <kevin@familyross.net <mailto:kevin@familyross.net>> wrote:

    On 08/26/2010 02:10 PM, James Stuckey wrote:
    Hi all,

    I've installed this card and identified it as this device:
    http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Bt878 When I go through the
    process of loading the modules I get all the way to the end, and
    "modprobe dvb-bt8xx". Then when I try to confirm it with "lsmod |
    grep dvb-bt8xx" nothing shows up. Can anyone tell me how I can
    get dvb-bt8xx on squeeze?

    Please reply directly to me since I am not subscribed to the
    debian-user mailing list.

    Thanks,
James

    dmesg should hopefully give you some info as to why the module
    isn't loading.

It doesn't say anything. Honestly, I'd like to just know if it is possible to play fm radio on this. I'm not sure if dvb-bt8xx is necessary for that or not.

Sorry I can't be of more help, maybe someone who actually has one of those cards will know...