Re: Tell Ubuntu and Debian apart in a shell script ...

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 02:03:55 +0200, Oliver Schneider wrote:

> (which lsb_release > /dev/null && `which lsb_release` --id)|awk '{print
> $3}'
>
> ... does not work on older systems which don't have lsb_release, though.

Is lsb_release mandatory? I'm using latest testing and I don't have it.
So if your script depends on lsb_release, then it is specific to your
setting.

> Still looking,

How about /etc/rc.local

I have such file (yet still wondering where it comes from), which says,

 # By default this script does nothing.

And it seems to me that Ubuntu doesn't have it [1].

Any comment?

1. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RcLocalHowto

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)