Re: Mailing list protocol

Hey!

> On 08/25/2010 10:52 AM, Gary Roach wrote:
snippy
> I sent this email to the chromium-discuss mailing list, as there
> doesn't seem to be a soul who understands how to read email text, and
> how to properly reply to a technical list (probably because they're
> all using the crappy Gmail MUA):

The online web UI is quite awful for dealing with mailing lists, by
default, it wants to send everything to the person you are replying to,
not the list, this caught me out on more than one occasion!

I would recommend anyone who still uses the web-mail ui, who can swap,
to swap to a better client like claw mail ;)

> http://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-discuss/msg/df924dbb59ec4330?dmode=source
>
> Long story short:
>
> * Trim your reply. Only include the relevant text to support your
> reply.
> * Bottom-post or interweave. People don't read English text from the
> bottom to top. Your reply should always be beneath what you're
> replying to.

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97