Re: insserv: /home on NFS and local bind (DNS lookups fail on boot)

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 12:52:11 +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

> Camaleón writes:
>> $named	bind9
>
> Thanks for the effort but this does not seem to be enough:
>
> $ grep -Ev "(^#|^$)" /etc/insserv.conf

(...)

> $named          +named +dnsmasq +lwresd bind9 $network
> $remote_fs      $local_fs +mountnfs +mountnfs-bootclean +umountnfs +sendsigs

Tha looks right (according to the man page).

(...)

> $ sudo insserv -v
> insserv: creating .depend.boot
> insserv: creating .depend.start
> insserv: creating .depend.stop
>
> But during bootup I still get
>
> mount.nfs: Failed to resolve server nfs: Temporary failure in name
> resolution

So we are doing something wrong here.

Did you read the manual or the docs for insserv? Maybe we are missing some
step to fully populate the new boot sequence :-?

> The complete bootup messages are:

(...)

> Starting NFS common utilities: statd. mount.nfs: Failed to resolve
> server nfs: Temporary failure in name resolution done.

(...)

> Starting web server: apache2apache2: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for
> lindi1 apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully
> qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName .

(side note: Apache is also giving you a warning)

> Starting domain name service...: bind9.

Still getting NFS service before bind9. Looks like changes are not applied
(or ignored).

Check the scripts (nfs and bind9) headers.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón