Re: Tiny Console Fonts - Almost Fixed

On 05 Aug 2010, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> On 8/5/10, Jordon Bedwell <jordon@envygeeks.com> wrote:
> > On 8/5/2010 12:54 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
> >> The solution is to use a bigger font, as I had tried to explain.
> >
> > Yes, that was your solution, until he explained (which you merrily
> > missed apparently) that even though he used your "fix" the font resets
> > back to a small size a little ways into the boot.
>
> It's not that you got small fonts back.  It's that console-tools
> doesn't support the combination of font and size you selected.  A
> message is prompted out of dpkg-reconfigure when that happens usually.
>  So using kbd instead of console-tools, and then running
> dpkg-reconfigure agian, usually takes care of that problem.
>
> --
> Javier.

Doesn't seem to work here. The small font I can live with, but if I
enable KMS another problem appears. Initially the console type face is
large. If I start X and go back to the console with ctrl-alt-F1 the type
face is small. If I do this a second time the console is completely
blank.

I've tried different settings (Terminus, VGA) in dpkg-reconfigure but
that seems to have no effect.

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
http://www.acampbell.org.uk - sample my ebooks