Re: insserv: /home on NFS and local bind (DNS lookups fail on boot)

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:01:01 +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

(...)

> I tried adding " bind9" to the $remote_fs line of /etc/insserv.conf but
> got
>
> $ sudo insserv --dryrun
> insserv: There is a loop between service bind9 and rsyslog if started
> insserv:  loop involving service rsyslog at depth 8 insserv:  loop
> involving service bind9 at depth 7 insserv:  loop involving service
> mountnfs at depth 5 insserv:  loop involving service atd at depth 11
> insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!
>
> Any idea on how to proceed? I'd hate to use numeric IP addresses.

Mmm, as per "man insserv" page, better try to force the availability of
bind9 by:

/etc/insserv.conf

***
$named	bind9
***

(remove the "+" which means the service is optional)

And restore the original "$remote_fs" line...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón