Re: Software to handle bits and pieces of information.

Thanks for all of the responses. I thought that since they were so wide ranging that a condensed list might be helpful to others. Obviously I'm not the only one with the problem. In no particular order: Run own (private, locked-down) Mediawiki installation - this allows access where ever you are.

Kjots but prefers the zim program (personal wiki). Zim outstanding especially in conjuction with iceowl. (2 hits)

Kontact good choice but needs tool to search inside all that information. Unsure what tools available in KDE4. Akonadi+strigi+nepomuk might do the job.

        Tomboy used for this very purpose.

Use text files in a directory system with discriptive names. Use a script program to search for hard to find stuff.

        Gnote for keeping notes and Orage for scheduling tasks/events.

        Email notes to self. You can search the email files.

Again thanks everyone. Seems I have a little research to do here.

Gary R.