Re: SD card question

> Do you have a link to the firmware upgrade instructions so we can review
> the full process and the required steps?

Mixing answers to save space.

Kobo ereader. They tend to upgrade using win desktop app
over usb adapter. Some canadian stores got SD card to un-
brick devices after failed upgrade. Image is not "regular"
one, but has 100% of success.

> Ext3 is not very common under windows/mac systems and Fat32 tend to be
> the norm for these devices. Are you sure the SD card has to be formatted
> using ext3?

Yes.

> SD cards come from factory with Fat32, so I would reformat the SD card
> with ext3, just in case :-?

I did. I simply made "mkfs.ext3 /dev/whatever".
No fdisk first. That is the question I ask. Do I need that
fdisk first or not?

> Maybe the error comes from another place. Are you getting any message or
> warning on the e-book when trying to perform the firmware upgrade?

It should be normal to not be able to mount vfat partition
as ext3 one. I expected an error and I got it. So far. so good.
Mounting as ext3 was fine.

> What error does it get when you mount it via command line? Is this an
> Android based E-Reader? Or better yet, who makes the E-Reader and why
> are they not doing firmware upgrades via the memory in the device if
> it's public facing?

Intended for people not willing to use anything but win, I suppose.
SD card method is not "public", but used to overcome pretty strange
policy: go to the store on another continent and upgrade. Or install
win and upgrade. And brick and go to another continent.

My fear was: have I missed fdisk for bad? I think upgrade procedure
first mounts the card. If not, why it should be ext3 anyway?
Best regards and thanx to all.

                             Zoran