Re: SD card question

On 7/31/2010 12:53 AM, Zoran Kolic wrote:
I have a question regarding SD card, which should be used to
upgrade firmware on ebook reader. I assume there will be just
one try before bricking the device.
The card should be formatted as ext3, followed with copying
untarred files to it. At first, I did not formatted it again,
since it was brand new card. I made ext3 partition and piped
untarred files directly to the card (usb card reader). After
a while, brain worm started to move and ask if I should do
explicite format first. Does it matter at all?
Try to mount SD card as vfat failed, as ext3 succeeded. Should
I repeat steps with fdisk first anyway?
Best regards

What error does it get when you mount it via command line? Is this an Android based E-Reader? Or better yet, who makes the E-Reader and why are they not doing firmware upgrades via the memory in the device if it's public facing?