Re: HP PSC 1315 printer and hplip/hpcups printer cartridge mode issue

Dne, 30. 07. 2010 10:06:18 je Harishankar napisal(a):

Wow... I just checked the difference between Linux and Windows printing
using my printer. The speed difference is also amazing. In Windows the
printer responds so quickly and also prints the page fast. The black and
greyscale parts of the printed page are crisp, sharp and clear (as it
clearly uses the black cartridge) and the colours are rendered using the
colour cartridge as per normal.

So well yes, the Linux drivers STILL face this issue and I'm not sure
whether it will ever be fixed at all. Even the old hpijs drivers have the
same issue and so does the new hpcups driver.

I feel very disappointed that I cannot take multi-colour document
printouts properly in Linux even after all these years. :-(

Not to worry. Cheap printers are designed to die fast, so in a year or two you'll be shopping for a new printer anyway. When you do, be sure to check the hplip compatibility page *first*, and only buy a printer that has *full* hplip support. It's what I did prior to buying my last inkjet, and I must say I've never regretted it since (well, with the exception of the cartridge prices which are a ripoff.)

I simply don't buy any hardware that isn't well supported in GNU/Linux: I've learned that doing my research *first* is waaay better than pulling my hair out and flooding Linux support forums later.

For what it's worth, by purchasing a Linux-compatible device I increase its market success by 1 unit, so I also "send a message" to the manufacturers (well, sort of).

P.S. Could you please trim your posts?

--
Regards, and sorry for not being of any practical help

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com