Re: samba: mounting as cifs not working (works in Windows though)

On 29/07/10 12:28 AM, H.S. wrote:
On 28/07/10 11:46 PM, Tom H wrote:

Please try again
smbclient -L //<server_ip_address> -U<user>
for both users

Aha! Works for both users.

Here is the output for my username on sambaserver machine named "red":
$ smbclient -L //192.168.0.8 -U hs
Enter hs's password:
Domain=[SMBWG] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.8]

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
print$ Disk Printer Drivers
Pictures Disk Pictures Repository
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (red server)
hs Disk Home Directories
Domain=[SMBWG] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.8]

Server Comment
RED red server

Workgroup Master
SMBWG red

My previous post might have been misleading a bit. By "works" I meant the smbclient command works. But mounting the share is still a problem.

ever having been read.