Re: samba: mounting as cifs not working (works in Windows though)

On 28/07/10 02:51 PM, Aniruddha wrote:

I encountered the same problem a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I don't
have the correct command in bash_history anymore. Can you try:

  sudo mount -t cifs -o user=<username>,password=<password>
//<ipaddress>/Share ~/mnt/Share
  sudo mount -t cifs -o user=guest //<ipaddress>r/Share ~/mnt/Share

Which message do you get in the Samba logs? You can take a look at the
samba wiki as well:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Mounting_samba_shares_from_a_unix_client

IP address instead of the hostname doesn't make any difference. Strangely, I am not getting any errors in the logs on the samba server.

ever having been read.