Re: Amaya W3C Web browser and sid

Jordon Bedwell said:

you can download the source to amaya and compile it against your
libraptor install (which is what I recommend personally).

Thanks for this suggestion. Would you mind describing the steps in detail. If
it solves my problem I would add these commands to my personal growing Debian
reference manual.

Jordan Metzmeier said:

Perhaps you wanted find's -name option? find / -name 'libraptor*'

Jordon Bedwell responds:

I personally prefer to grep over find

'locate' is also handy:

:~$ locate libraptor1
/home/charlie/Debs/libraptor1_1.4.13-1_amd64.deb
/usr/share/doc/libraptor1
/usr/share/doc/libraptor1/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/libraptor1/NEWS.gz
/usr/share/doc/libraptor1/NOTICE
/usr/share/doc/libraptor1/README.gz
/usr/share/doc/libraptor1/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libraptor1/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libraptor1/copyright
/var/cache/apt/archives/libraptor1_1.4.21-2_i386.deb
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libraptor1.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libraptor1.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libraptor1.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libraptor1.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libraptor1.shlibs

Sven Joachim said:

If you're using the amd64 architecture, most probably yes.  Your
X-Newsreader header suggests that you run i386, however.

You're right, I started out with i386 and apt and dpkg won't have it any other
way. I moved an image of the old i386 setup over to a new computer with
the hardware that supported an amd64 kernel, so I removed my i386 kernel and
replaced it with the amd64.

I install as many amd64 packages as I can. This system is a sort of
86_64 thing. I'll get it sorted out someday, I just have that feeling.

I use an amd64 version of softmaker office that works well after forcing the
architecture with dpkg,  but the amd64 deb of Amaya I installed with:

#dpkg --force-depends --force-architecture --force-overwrite -i

and the amd64 deb of libraptor1 also, but Amaya failed to start.

Well, this is sid.

TIS Sven.

In April 1953 in one of his earliest speeches as president, Dwight
Eisenhower expressed the need to maintain a sensible balance of federal
expenditures, refusing to let military needs undermine important civilian
priorities. He told the American Society of Newspaper Editors that his
paramount duty in addition to preventing thermonuclear war, was to avert "a
life of fear and tension, a burden of arms draining the wealth and the labor of
all peoples."