Re: Amaya W3C Web browser and sid

On 2010-07-28 21:46 +0200, Charles Kroeger wrote:

> Is is possible to get amaya_wx-11.3.1-1_amd64.deb to run on sid?

If you're using the amd64 architecture, most probably yes.  Your
X-Newsreader header suggests that you run i386, however.

> I've installed it with dpkg but get the following error message:
>
> ~$ amaya
> /usr/lib/Amaya/wx/bin/amaya_bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> libraptor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory to

If you're using i386, that is to be expected; you would however not have
been able to install an amd64 package on i386 without using the
"--force-architecture" switch to dpkg.

> I installed libraptor but got this:
>
> libraptor1 is already the newest version.
> libraptor1 set to manually installed.

You can reinstall it with "aptitude reinstall libraptor1" or
"apt-get --reinstall install libraptor1".

> Is it not functioning with apt setting it to manually installed?

That doesn't matter.

Sven