Re: Linux filesystems was [Re: Debian cd supporting ext4.]

Volkan YAZICI put forth on 7/27/2010 12:19 PM:

> About a year ago, in a similar rush to yours, I ported two of our
> PostgreSQL database servers to XFS. During testing period, I even
> couldn't *recover* the / fs after the very first power failure test.

What write operations were you performing at the time you pulled the plug?
Unless you were writing the superblock it'd be almost impossible to hose the
filesystem to the point it couldn't mount.  Were you doing a resize operation
when you pulled the plug?  xfs_growfs?  As far as recovery, it's automatic
upon mounting the XFS filesystem.  What do you mean, precisely, by "couldn't
*recover* the / fs"?

And apologies if my tone seemed rude.  I'm basically a one man army trying to
defeat misinformation WRT XFS and attempt to educate ppl with the correct
information.  I guess I'm feeling outnumbered and thus being more aggressive.
 Again, apologies.

--
Stan