Re: [OT] Debian cd supporting ext4.

From:
Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>
  To:
debian-user@lists.debian.org
  Date:
Today 16:17:54

On Monday 26 July 2010 15:43:55 Tom H wrote:

> >> Go to http://db.debian.org/search.cgi and search for
> >>
> >> First name: Kenshi
> >> Last name:  Muto
> >>
> >> Which will provide further information about Kenshi like his IRC name
> >> (i.e. kmuto) and his GPG fingerprint. You could also check for his key
> >> in the "debian-keyring" keyring.

> >> Google for "Kenshi Muto Debian" and "Kenshi Muto site:lists.debian.org"
> >> and you should get enough information to answer that question. I am not
> >> aware of any "official" Debian initiated poll that answers the question
> >> "What do you think of kmuto's work?" and doubt that something like this
> >> will/should ever happen.
> >
> > Given that there is at least one known *wife-murderer* among filesystems
> > developers and that, according to lore, there have been quite some
> > *weed-smokers* among the early GNU developers, isn't all this
> > overscrutinizing of poor Kenshi Muto starting to feel a bit
> > disproportionate?
> >
> > Just my 2 offtopic cents :)
>
> +1
>
> Totally OTT.

+1 other.  Sthu Deus has several options which I thought that I had spelt out.
He doesn't like any of the available options.  Tough.  This is becoming
ridiculous IMHO.  He can *use* what's available or he can *not use* what's
available.  There is no alternative to that, unless he wants to write his own
distro.

He seems to want the very latest in a very stable distro.  If you want cutting
edge, you use Sid, Sidux, Ubuntu, Fedora.  If you want rock solid you use
Lenny.  You pays your money (or in this case not) and you takes your choice.

As has already been pointed out, you can't have your cake and eat it.

If there were a moderator, I would suggest that this thread be terminated.
There is nowhere else for it to go.

Kenshi Muto is doing us a great service, for which he receives, so far as I
know, no remuneration.  He at least deserves our gratitude and respect.

Lisi