Re: Debian cd supporting ext4.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 18:00 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Wolodja:
>
> > Why don't you just use the images provided by kmuto? They are
> > exactly what you are looking for. I don't get your resistence ...
>
> No any resistance absolutely! I think too that it is the thing I'm
> looking for. Just two important things remain for me w/ the solution:
>
> 1. If it is trustable/secure as the stable Debian (for for now all I
> have is just phrases like "believe me" w/ no any farther approval from
> the Debian project). In other words and including of all I have on
> that item is this: I can not make strong relationship of the author's
> work w/ the Debian project - I have been told he is one of the
> developers but, searching for any info on him at the debian.org or a
> list of developers - was unsuccessful for me.  So, I even can not
> check the fact as if he is still the Debian developer

Go to http://db.debian.org/search.cgi and search for

First name: Kenshi
Last name:  Muto

Which will provide further information about Kenshi like his IRC name
(i.e. kmuto) and his GPG fingerprint. You could also check for his key
in the "debian-keyring" keyring.

> . Also, I do not know the Debian project developers
> opinion|accreditation on his this work (the CDs he makes).

Google for "Kenshi Muto Debian" and "Kenshi Muto site:lists.debian.org"
and you should get enough information to answer that question. I am not
aware of any "official" Debian initiated poll that answers the question
"What do you think of kmuto's work?" and doubt that something like this
will/should ever happen.

> 2. I see that I still will need probably, to have /boot at ext3 - the
> thing I do not want, so I want to know a lot on this before I try to
> have ext4 again.

Using ext4 for /boot is discouraged but you can give it a try. Why do
you need /boot to be ext4?

Kind regards

    Wolodja
--