Re: Debian virus/spy-ware detection and detection technique.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 01:28:00AM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> So, what should I do for the distro install cds - regarding both -
> spyware and viruses?
> If we speak about checksumming - sometimes it fails though I believe
> the problem lays in not accurate or whatever downloading, the images
> being - I believe - unmodified... - Redownloading is hard because of
> bandwith.

You need to make sure the md5sum or sha1sum, etc. is correct, otherwise
your iso either:

1) did not download correctly
2) has been tampered with

The md5sum files usually have gpg signatures that you can also check.
You might need to do some research on gpg/pgp to understand how that

I saw you mentioned live cds as well.  Debian has the tools to build
your own live cd.  The command line tool is live-helper, and there's a
GUI called live-magic.