Re: Upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze - Howto?

On Wednesday 21 July 2010 02:13:20 Paul Chany wrote:
> Jordon Bedwell <jordon@envygeeks.com> writes:
> > On Jul 21, 2010, at 5:00 AM, Paul Chany wrote:
> >> Could you please drop me the dd command for this task?
> >
> > Here is a little article that explains it (while it might seem out
> > of date it still works ~ gotta love linux for that)
> > http://www.mckeay.net/2004/10/18/using-dd-to-clone-a-hd/
>
> Can't open this web page.. I'm searching for another page..
>
> man dd is outdated, info dd isn't exist..
>
> --
> Regards, Paul Chany
> You can freely correct me in my English.
> http://csanyi-pal.info

 'dd' works well and is on all/most *nix boxes. It takes lots of time though,
using one of the other imaging apps is much faster, if time is an issue.

There are numerous rescue cd's , most ,afaik, use 'partimage' .

Clonezilla, system rescue cd, etc.

'dd' is a part off coreutils, it is a 'required' package of Lenny.
--
Peace,

Greg