Re: Unable to load the kernel module 'nvidia.ko' in 2.6.32-5-686 kernel

---- snip ----

> Which steps should I follow to compile the NVIDIA driver into the new
> kernel?
>
> Thanks for your time.

I found out that the newer NVIDIA drivers no longer have the binary
included that allows the install file to integrate with your current
kernel.

What has to be done now is:

./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run -a (automatically accepts the annoying
licencing agreement) -e (the expert option will go step-by-step, giving
you more control) --use-this-kernel

The "--use-this-kernel" option will produce another NVIDIA install file
marked CUSTOM or something similar to differentiate it from the original.

Install this new file and you should be good to go.

~A~

--
I may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try
anything.

--
/home/agricolae/sigs/dumb_enough.txt