Unable to load the kernel module 'nvidia.ko' in 2.6.32-5-686 kernel

Hello list,

I just installed the new 2.6.32-5-686 kernel and I've been having
trouble installing the NVIDIA linux display driver. Usually this
process required of me only to download the linux-headers for the
relevant kernel release and then running the shell script provided by
NVIDIA on their website. I tried doing this with the 190.53 driver,
which is an old driver that worked perfectly for me, and the newest
256.35 driver provided by NVIDIA. In both cases, I get the ordinary
message about the CC check that failed because the gcc version that
was used to compile my kernel was not the same as the one used to
compile the driver and I also see the "compiling kernel module"
progress bar filling up to 100%. After this, I get the following
message:

"Unable to load the kernel module 'nvidia.ko'. This happens most
frequently when this kernel module was build against the wrong or
improperly configured kernel sources, with a version of gcc that
differs from the one used to build the target kernel, or if a driver
such as rivafb/nvidiafb is present apd prevents the NVIDIA kernel
module from obtaining ownership of the NVIDIA graphics device(s), or
NVIDIA GPU installed in this system is not supported by the NVIDIA
LINUX graphics driver release."

And after that I'm suggested to check some log files. My gcc version is:

jason@debian:~$ gcc -v | grep version
gcc version 4.4.4 (Debian 4.4.4-6)

I googled a bit and the most complete solution to the problem that I
found was manny's response to this thread:

Yet my problem's still not been solved. I've also installed the proper
linux-headers package, as can be verified through aptitude:

jason@debian:~$ sudo aptitude show linux-headers-2.6.32-5-686
[sudo] password for root:
Package: linux-headers-2.6.32-5-686
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: yes
Version: 2.6.32-15
 This package provides the architecture-specific kernel header files
for Linux kernel 2.6.32-5-686, generally used for building out-of-tree
kernel modules.  These files are going
 to be installed into /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-5-686, and can be
used for building modules that load into the kernel provided by the
linux-image-2.6.32-5-686 package.

Which steps should I follow to compile the NVIDIA driver into the new kernel?

Thanks for your time.