Re: OT:Video Capture From Camcorder

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 09:46:14AM -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Thomas H. George wrote:
>
> >Camcorder output is composite (two RCA jacks)
> >
> >I bought one device which I can't get to work. Any products known to
> >work with Debian Squeeze?  I don't want to repeat my mistake.
>
> What did you buy so noone else makes the same mistake?
>
> Vince.

I've reconsidered, the problem may be with my setup.  For the record the
device is a Kworld VS-USB 2800D.  When the USB connection is made the
EM2960/SAA74X chip is recognized and assignments are made to /dev/video0
and /dev/vbi0.  Then the command xawtv results in an error message: X
Error of failed request: XF86DGANoDirectVideoMode.

Searching Google I have not found step-by-step instructions to set this
device up so my results to date are just trial and error attempts.  I
have confirmed that libxxf86dga1 and libxxf86dga-dev are installed.

We have house guests so I must abandon my attempts until next week

Tom