Re: How to reread changed udev rules without rebooting?

On Sex, 16 Jul 2010, "H.S." wrote:
I just now had to change my /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file so that a new network card be give the same number (it was being given eth2 while I wanted eth0). After tweaking udev rules, can I have them reapplied, or the rules reread, without having to reboot? If yes, how? I have tried restarting udev and hal, but that didn't work out for me.

Try removing the kernel module responsible for the card and installing it again.

--
Living in LA is like not having a date on Saturday night.
		-- Candice Bergen

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br