clamscan vs. clamscan with mb2md

Hi,

Running clamscan over a PDC/BDC with roaming profiles will (obviously) generate sporadic alerts on mbox files assoicated with assorted mail clients, icedove/tbird in this case. In order to track down the specific message, I've used mbox2maildir (in the past) and mb2md presently to convert them into a "broken out" situation, i.e. a structure where each message is its own file. I now have a case where the clamscan on the Inbox gives a positive and clamscan on the mb2md (or mbox2maildir) directory of messages gives a negative. Is this case known? I believe it has occurred for me in the past (forgotten exactly how long ago) and so it seems to be a neglected bug. However, I'm not sure which package (or support package) is responsible here. Is clamscan giving a false positive/false negative or is mb2md changing the message in question so that clamscan misses it? It is a user's mailbox and therefore not properly public for debugging purposes.

The clamscan alert is ".../Inbox: Email.Phishing.Webmail-37 FOUND".

-jeff