Re: Lenny Suspend to Ram tip sharing

On 2010-07-09, Mark <mamarcac@gmail.com> wrote:
> --e0cb4e88735f832359048aeef02e
>
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> I have found support for Dells to be very good with regard to
>> suspend-to-RAM.
>>

> What video cards you have used suspend to ram on that worked?  2 of my 3
> Dell/nvidia laptops suspend to ram but do not resume due to the nvidia cards
> (Inspiron 8600 and Latitude D800, Googling will bring up nothing but horror
> stories for people not getting Linux to suspend and resume).

Currently I am running two models, a D420 and a D820, both with
integrated Intel video cards. I am very happy with them in terms of
suspend-to-RAM. Ditto with an Asus eee PC. A couple of years ago I ran a
Thinkpad T42 with an ATI card and with the radeon driver; that performed
well too. I have never run a laptop with an NVidia chip, so I can't
comment on that case.

You might try hacking the scripts under /etc/acpi to remove the nvidia
kernel module before suspending and insert the module again before
resuming.  It could take quite a while to get it right, however.

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland