Re: Network crashes under heavy load

Nathen put forth on 7/5/2010 4:47 AM:

> An Intel NIC would usually be my first choice but since this board has
> no PCIe slots I'm hesitant to use a PCI NIC if it's going to limit
> network bandwidth.

Hint:  a standard PCI 32bit/33MHz PCI bus can transfer 132MB/s, which is
slightly greater than the throughput of a single GigE NIC which is a little
over 100MB/s.  If the NIC is the only device on that bus, then you have no
worries, and likewise if the bus is shared with a low bandwidth PCI device or two.

What motherboard is this again and which RAID card?  Apologies if you already
posted it and I missed it.

--
Stan