Re: Re: Network crashes under heavy load

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:42 PM, Alexander Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> An Intel NIC would usually be my first choice but since this board has
>> no PCIe slots I'm hesitant to use a PCI NIC if it's going to limit
>> network bandwidth.
>
> have you tried getting the realtek driver and compiling it, on some of
> my earlier boards, the nic was loaded by an in line kernel module
> but it didn't work properly.... I had to down load the realtek and compile it.

I was experiencing weird issues with my NIC aswell, check if you have
the r8169 kernel module loaded, if so, that might be the cause of your
crashes.

Get the proper drivers for your NIC on the realtek website, compile
them against your kernel, run depmod, blacklist the old module, update
initramfs and you shouldn't have any more trouble.

--
Davide Mirtillo