Re: printing stopped after sid update

Op Mon, 05 Jul 2010 14:07:09 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> On 07/05/2010 01:10 PM, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
> > Op Mon, 05 Jul 2010 11:53:25 -0700 Paul Scott wrote:
> > > After a recent update I can't print.  The files are in the queue
> > > but never get to the printer.  The printer (HP2200) will print a
> > > test page from it's console just fine.
> >
> > I had a similar problem, but I found this solution:
> > in the CUPS interface ( http://localhost:631 ) I removed the
> > printer, and then installed it again.
>
> When I try to add a printer I don't see parallel port as a choice.  I
> even did dkpg-reconfigure cups and parallel was checked.  I modified
> an old printer which was on a parallel port and now I get various
> errors from different choices of drivers for the printer.
>
> I'm not sure what to try next.

I know of someone who had the same problem, but successfully applied
this more drastic solution. Maybe worth trying.

1. aptitude purge cups (+ automatic removal of driver-gutenprint,
   cups-pdf, hpijs-ppds, hplip)
2. aptitude install cups cups-pdf cups-driver-gutenprint hpijs-ppds
   hplip
3. reinstall the printers with the CUPS webinterface.