Re: how to set up a wireless access point

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 03:26:25PM -0400, H.S. wrote:

> First you need to make sure that your wireless card has the ability to
> act as an access point. Next, you need to find which Linux driver
> supports that card (madwifi or hostapd are my best bet). Then the final
> step is just configure that card using the relevant driver.

It's a Dlink card; I used it for a while to connect my computer to a
router, but I switched to a wired connection because wireless sucks.

> As an example, I have DLink DWL-G520 card working as an AP in my linux
> router machine (running Debian). I am using hostapd as the driver.

Cool --- sounds easy enough then. I'm just not sure yet if it's
actually worthwhile and wanted see if there's much work involved.