Re: how to set up a wireless access point

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 09:35:38AM +0200, Klistvud wrote:
> Dne, 28. 06. 2010 20:53:58 je Mark Allums napisal(a):
> >
> >The short answer is most "92-function-in-one" home WiFi routers
> >will act as an access point,
>
> I think that configuring your router as an access point is your best
> bet too: you'll hardly get the same signal range and stability from
> your add-in card -- even if it has an external antenna.

Hm, I was hoping I might see better results than from the router. Even
when the computer connecting wirelessly is only about 4--5 meters
away, the connection comes and goes. Changing the channel in the
router manually sometimes helps --- I figure that the network card
they put into that Mac is of extremely poor quality. Due to the
retarded design they come with, it's even impossible to put in the
card I have instead ... Macs suck, they didn't even provide a half-way
useable keyboard, and a mouse with only one button is completely
useless ...

Anyway, the other thing is that the router I have doesn't allow me to
set up a transparent proxy because it's not possible to reroute
traffic from computers on the LAN to another computer on the LAN.