Re: [OT] Network Bizzard

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:40:09 -0700, Phillipus Gunawan wrote:

> Today I found a network problem which being fixed but I can not explain
> why/how. So if someone can enlightening me, would be much appreciated

(...)

If both networks are working fine when they act separately, then the
problem may reside in the network setup (duplicated/conflicting IP
addresses, bad cabling or switch connections, routing problems...) so the
problem arises when you join both networks.

I assume both swicthes are unmanageable layer 2, 16-port gigabit standard
switches and all ports MID/MDIX capable so nor "up-link" ports nor
crossover cable is needed.

The more details you provide (cabling management details?, are there
pacth panels in use or just direct plug to the swtich...?) the better.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón