Re: Linux PDA cell phones - Linux on Android compatible cell phones? ; jor Debia

> > Anyone here have an Android cell phone that runs a some full capability
> > linux distro?
> >

> > ie, making something like a linux pda with cell phone capability?
> >

> > Is there an Ubuntu, or Debian, or some other community based distro for
> > the android phone hw?
>
> Android no, but Nokia's N900 has the Debian based Maemo distro. The next
> versions will be converted to MeeGo, a Nokia/Intel joint venture

Android by Google is its own distro. Lacks X. I run a putty java app on my
Sony-Ericson to get onto by Debian box all the time. No X, text only. (Remote
X-clients can be toooo sloooow for most purposes anyway.)

The slackware (ugh) based deli-linux might be ideal for an embedded system
since it runs in very little memory but runs X. Difficult to upgrade, however.

Various other's take up less space but need more resources to run. Debian is
on the large side.