Re: Torrents killing my connection

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 2:13 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

>> It sounds like the most effective thing you could do would be to pick up
>> a comprehensive Linux book and spend some quality time with it.

I do have a book. It is quite handy & I do read it often. The CLI
stuff... I'd have to take a really methodical approach to. At present
I have similar distaste for it that I had back in 1980 with Basic,
TRS-80, my Vic 20. I went to this computer summer camp, I remember
copying code for a Pac Man type game. It didn't work & when the
teacher said, "We'll have to go back & see where you mistyped" I was
d-o-n-e. I didn't get back into computers till Window 3.11 & to be
honest never did learn anything but GUI. CLI is great if you can
remember *exactly* what needs to be typed, but my brain doesn't
naturally learn like that. I'd have to "study". I'm guessing I'm not
grasping the over pattern of thinking with the CLI & once I start
really trying to learn, I'll have a breakthrough. Right now it seems
like a lot of random, unfamiliar, exact instructions that are seldom
used over & I'm pretty sure that can't be the case.