Re: Torrents killing my connection

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Andrew Reid <reidac@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
>  Is this only true of torrents, or is it also true of large
> downloads?  What happens if you try to pull a few megs of
> something?

Usenet seems to work fine. But there I'm downloading in pieces of
course. Is the anything else I can put through the paces to trouble
shoot?

>  I've had problems from time to time with MTU auto-discovery
> and TCP frame-size negotiations, and the symptoms are generally
> that small-packet, low-bandwidth traffic is fine, but big
> downloads stall out all the time.

I'm getting it with uploading alone, downloading with the connections
set to 6 & not going fast either.

>  Modern routers (including WRT54Gs) are pretty good about this,
> but network drivers play a role too, and they do differ between
> the various OSs you've tried.

Don't know... is the driver different in UNR 9.10 & 10.04? How would I check?