Re: Opinions about my partition

On 06/11/2010 03:18 PM, Germana Oliveira wrote:
2010/6/12 Mark Allums<mark@allums.com>:
On 6/11/2010 6:48 AM, Jochen Schulz wrote:

You can easily move to another disk/partition (LVM volume) from an existing
(functioning) LVM volume with just a couple of commands and a little wait
time.  By far the easiest way to do this.  Of course, a dead disk is a horse
of another color; LVM, like RAID, is NOT a backup.

So.... LVM could be better thinking that i could migrate latter to
another (bigger) disk (s) ¿?

That's the idea. I don't put /boot or (/usr, /bin, /var, etc) in an LVM, though, just /data.

My sda, though, is quite a bit bigger than yours.

--
"There is usually only a limited amount of damage that can be
done by dull or stupid people. For creating a truly monumental