Apache reverse proxy and charset

Hi:

I'm trying to configure a reverse proxy with Apache using mod_proxy to
a Webserver (also running Apache) that uses ISO-8859-1 as charset. I
can navigate the website using the reverse proxy but I noted that the
charset returned by this proxy is UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859-1.
I tried to assign ISO-8859-1 as the default charset (using
AddDefaultCharset, CharsetDefault from mod_charset_lite,
ProxyHTMLCharsetOut from mod_proxy_html) but nothing changes, I still
get UTF-8 charset.

Does anybody ever configured an reverse proxy with Apache using a
different charset than UTF-8?

Thanks