Re: "Stable" vs "Unstable" & "Testing"

--- On Wed, 6/9/10, Johan Grönqvist <johan.gronqvist@gmail.com> wrote:

>From what I have seen so far, I would recommend ubuntu 9.10 for your netbook, followed by debian testing or unstable.

Thanks so much for your input. I've got madwifi working Debian on my Acer Aspire One. I'm still using "stable" it would seem. I'm gunna play around with this & also stick with Ubuntu 9.10(until Ubuntu 10.04 gets torrents/wireless issue fixed or find I like Debian better)

As for what I'm looking for in an OS... eventually I'd love to be able to install Linux on computers that I maintain for friends, especially their old ones. MS Windows... my friends find new ways of screwing it up! Ubuntu *Netbook* Edition not working on my *Netbook* didn't inspire me to install Ubuntu on a friends computer. I'd rather skip "latest-gratest" for reliability/dependability with just about everything in life, so Debian Stable sounds like my style. We'll see.