Re: New to Debian (what I've done so far)

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:13 AM, ABSDoug <absdoug@yahoo.com> wrote:
1st, tried to do "Installing Debian GNU/Linux via the Internet"(debian-504-i386-netinst.iso) but could not connect to wireless. At the time I did not have physical access to the router, but that can be done now if necessary.

2nd, tried the big DVD image (debian-504-i386-DVD-1.iso). Tried to run GUI, no go. Tried to install Gnome & got E: coundn't find package Gnome.

That's where I'm at so far. TIA.
See http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/06/msg00396.html and reply our questions