Re: Where is the Xorg.conf - to setup XKB layouts on Squeeze?

Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 03:47, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> For me the command X -configure doesn't works, because the system
>>> hangs forever.

I was thinking that it take forever but actually it take very long and
at the  and it shut down de PC Box. I get finally a xorg.conf.new file.

>>> What do you command use for xorg.conf to get it? Or, maybe it is
>>> there another way (udev rules maybe) to setup xkeyboard layouts?

I used 'Xorg -configure :1' command on an xterm when I'm on my running
XWindow.

>> This is what I am using in Lenny in my "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" file (the
>> file is bigger, this is just the section for setting the
>> keyboard). It should be still valid:
>>
>> ***
>> Section "InputDevice"
>>        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>>        Driver          "kbd"
>>        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
>>        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
>>        Option          "XkbLayout"     "es"
>> EndSection
>> ***

Yes, but did you tryed more than one XkbLayout, like eg.: "es,fr"?
In my /etc/X11/xorg.conf I have now:
***
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xorg"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "hu,hr,cs"
        Option      "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
EndSection
***

but it doesn't works. :( On Debian Lenny this setup just works and I can
there us fookb-wmaker successfully.

> That doesn't even work anymore, does it? At least for a while when the
> changeover first happened, I had that stuff in xorg.conf, but it had
> no effect until I put it in /etc/default/console-setup (later
> /etc/default/keyboard)

I have now in my /etc/default/keyboard the following:
***
XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="hu,hr,cs"
XKBVARIANT="nodeadkeys"
XKBOPTIONS=""
***

and I run 'sudo /etc/init.d/hal restart' and restart the hald but
fookb-wmaker still doesn't works.

--
Regards,
Paul Chany