Re: Where is the Xorg.conf - to setup XKB layouts on Squeeze?

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 22:28:01 -0700, Kelly Clowers wrote:

> That doesn't even work anymore, does it? At least for a while when the
> changeover first happened, I had that stuff in xorg.conf, but it had no
> effect until I put it in /etc/default/console-setup (later
> /etc/default/keyboard)

It should! :-)

***
http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.5/doc/RELNOTES.html

Configuration File

The Xorg server uses a configuration file as the primary mechanism for
providing configuration and run-time parameters. The configuration file
format is described in detail in the xorg.conf(5) manual page.

Note that this release features significant improvements for running the
server without a configuration file, so many users may find that that
they don't need a configuration file.

If you do need to customize the configuration file, see the xorg.conf
manual page . You can also check the driver-specific manual pages and the
related documentation (found at driver tables) also.

The recommended method for generating a configuration file is to use the
Xorg server itself. Run as root:

Xorg -configure

and follow the instructions.
***

And also, there is specific guide for input devices:

http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.5/doc/input/XKB-Config.html

We all know that "xorg.conf" is deprecated but still useful when things
go wrong.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón