Re: trying to understand/purge linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 11:47:26AM -0400, H.S. wrote:
> On 02/06/10 11:19 AM, Tom Furie wrote:

> > Since they are stale files, not associated with any installed package,
> > why not simply delete the files?
>
> Yes, that is one option. But how do I make sure I got all the stale
> files? If a package is known by apt, I can use "dpkg -L <package name"
> to see which files are installed and where. In this case, however, dpkg
> cannot tell me that.

As far as I can tell, generally linux-image* puts files in /lib/modules,
/boot, /usr/share/doc, and /usr/share/bug. Now given that -trunk should
never have made it to the repo's there may or may not be other files to
find, but that should be a good start, and as mentioned in another
reply, cruft might be able to help with any others.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Frankfort, Kentucky, makes it against the law to shoot off a policeman's tie.