Re: trying to understand/purge linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686

On 02/06/10 12:36 PM, Tom Furie wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 11:47:26AM -0400, H.S. wrote:
>> On 02/06/10 11:19 AM, Tom Furie wrote:
>
>>> Since they are stale files, not associated with any installed package,
>>> why not simply delete the files?
>>
>> Yes, that is one option. But how do I make sure I got all the stale
>> files? If a package is known by apt, I can use "dpkg -L <package name"
>> to see which files are installed and where. In this case, however, dpkg
>> cannot tell me that.
>
> As far as I can tell, generally linux-image* puts files in /lib/modules,
> /boot, /usr/share/doc, and /usr/share/bug. Now given that -trunk should

I have tried "dpkg -L" with installed kernels to see where they usually
install files. So if push comes to shove, I can manually delete "trunk"
kernel related files. I would be great to do this dpkg-way, however.

Thanks.

ever having been read.