Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 11:55:58PM -0400, Tom H wrote:
The reverse argument can be made too. Both grub1 and grub2 just work.

I accept this argument for grub1. Yes, I never had problems with grub1, but grub2 is simply not ready for prime time.

While grub2 works for simple workstations, it can’t redirect its output to serial console and monitor like grub1 and it doesn’t understand XEN hypervisor kernels.

As long as grub2 has so many missing features it should not be considered default bootloader in Debian.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz             E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |