Re: (OT) suggestion on terse wording of "IT Helpdesk"

On 2010年05月27日 12:32, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Email headers are the canonical solution for this type of problem.
>
> However, I can't discover any method by which one can add ad hoc
> headers to individual mails using Outlook, Thunderbird or Gmail.

The difficulty is not to add ad hoc header to my email software. It is
easy to understand the difficult to add ad hoc header to my users who
will send email to me.

As explained the tag in email address is to convey information from my
user to me. Since my user knows my email address, that is the only place
where the tag can be. I can ask my users to include tag in subject but
they will not always remember to follow this rule.

Imagine this:

Hi folks in CDCSS co ltd. I am Zhang Weiwu and will be responsible for
supporting your computer use. If you have a problem, please email me
(zhangweiwu at realss.com), but don't forget to add the word "CDCSS
helpdesk" in the email subject so that I can properly filter this.

And compare to this:

Hi folks in CDCSS co ltd. I am Zhang Weiwu and will be responsible for
supporting your computer use. If you have a problem, please email me
zhangweiwu+aid.cdcss at realss.com.

It is obvious which works in reality.