Re: Chromium in Sid

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Steve Fishpaste
<marathon.durandal@gmail.com> wrote:
> If Debian isn't going to keep up with the current trunk; then there
> really is no point in packaging it here. As it stands I'm not going to
> go backwards a full version, so I have reverted to the PPA builds.

I'm confused about what your criticism is.  The chromium version in
Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat  (aka "active development", like Debian Sid)
is 5.0.375.38~r46659.  The .5 series is the version you called 'old'.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser

The .6 version you say Debian is behind on is in Ubuntu's "unsupported
and untrusted Personal Archives (PPAs)".   Are you really saying that
Debian is behind in not releasing a package based on that version?