Re: Chromium in Sid

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:41:38AM -0500, John Hasler uttered:
> JohnRChamplin writes:
> > ...which used to be available from unstable, but which I have heard is
> > now in sid.
>
> Unstable _is_ Sid.
>
> In any case, a few weeks is not old.

It is on a fast moving target, and especially in the case of a major
release. Many improvements are rolled into the recent 6.x release.

If Debian isn't going to keep up with the current trunk; then there
really is no point in packaging it here. As it stands I'm not going to
go backwards a full version, so I have reverted to the PPA builds.

I don't feel that it's necessary to package it daily, but
weekly should be done as that's the release cycle that Google-Chrome
Developer version usually follows.

For those of use that also use Debian on a desktop/Laptop BESIDES a
server; using old versions isn't usually desireable on the
workstations where stability isn't as necessary as that of a
production server.