Re: How to keep debian current??

John A. Sullivan III writes:
> Hmm . . . to someone not more familiar with Debian practices, the new
> version seems more confusing. I would read that and think that Sid is
> very secure because it always has the latest security fixes.  If
> that's not what we mean, then perhaps the current version needs only
> slight revision for clarity, e.g.,

Packages in Sid do not receive security updates from the security team.
They do receive security updates from the maintainer of the package but
the security team does not monitor Sid.  The maintainer will often
address a security problem by packaging the next upstream version rather
than backporting the fix as the security team does.
--
John Hasler